Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Piecing




As the weather gets cooler colder and colder outside, and with Thanksgiving Holiday just a few days away, I seem to be turned to my kitchen.  I really love cooking, it ranks up there with laying on the beaches of Kauai in the warm sunshine, and sewing my heart away on a new quilt.

Sunday I had a wonderful time fixing a small version of Thanksgiving, all it was missing was the jello salads, turkey and stuffing. (Plus the 50 appetizers my family thinks is necessary).
   


I even had my 10 year old daughter make this delicious Apple Pie, my older daughter made German Chocolate Brownies and both were so YUMMY!

I had the middle daughter make the pie, to try out this pie crust recipe.  It was her first ever trial and well its a keeper and I will use it for the 5 pies I get to make next Wednesday for Thanksgiving dinner.


 Today while daughter #4 was at preschool, I could actually work on the Christmas Quilt I am making for that 10 year old daughter.  I had most of the blocks made, just needed to finish squaring up a few of them (well about 30). 


This quilt will be 8 blocks wide by 10 blocks long 

 

I actually got all the rows pieced together and now just need to sew them together during preschool tomorrow!

4 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Those are neat fabrics and it will be a beautiful quilt!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Very pretty - cute fabric line and nice fattern to feature it. Good luck with your secret sewing to get it all done.

Jayne said...

So pretty! It will be fabulous when its finished! The pie looks delicious!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh great blocks!