Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Excitement

Every quilter knows the excitement that comes with starting a new quilt.
As I've said before, I am making quilts for each of my older daughters for Christmas.  They are getting new bedrooms and so I am decorating their rooms, wallpaper, paint and all to go with the fabric I chose for their quilts.  Yesterday I shared what I have done on my 10 year olds (DD2) quilt.  
The problem is, I had NO EXCITMENT when working with my oldest daughters (DD1) quilt.  I really loved the triangles I wanted to do, but it just didn't jive with her wallpaper and the plans I have for her room. 
So, this morning I had a thought 'I purchased Hopscotch quilt pattern so look at it, it may just be what I need to make'.  I dug the pattern out and yes this is what I want to make, and I only need to purchase 1 more yard of fabric to make the entire quilt!

Here is the quilt:


You can find this Thimble Blossom quilt here

My quilt will be made with these colors

Teal:

Pink:

 Yellow:

And grey:

Most of the main fabrics are made by Henry Glass in the Sweet Harmony collection by Amy Hamberlin.

My back will be this Quatre Foil fabric by Riley Blake, this is what 210" of fabric looks like

The 'hopscotch' quilt is made to be 60"x70", not quite what I need for a full bed.  So I did what any quilter would do, change the pattern to make it bigger and better.  Lots of planning but I think I have it.
Now I am excited and need to finish DD2's quilt so I can get this one going!


3 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

So much excitement! Yes, those plans are lovely. And so is your fabric pull! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Beth said...

Love the fabric and it is fun when it all comes together.

Wendi said...

Thanks, hopefully I can start this quilt next week!