Monday, September 9, 2013

Belle

Hailey wants to be Belle this year for Halloween.  While at Swiss days craft fair, we saw some beautiful Belle dresses but they were each around $150.  We're not going there for an 11 year olds dress.  Yet, she can't wear a kids dress, they're all to small. Even the Disney stores are to small.  So,.....mom to the rescue, I guess I'll be making the dress this year.

I started the process by looking at dresses and patterns.  I really didn't like the patterns at Joann's, just not Hailey enough.  We did purchase all the fabric, I think we'll be able to make it for about $55.  I did opt out of the cheaper costume satin, it's just to thin.  It was only a 1/3 of the price, but not worth the cheapness.

So this is the dress we are using as a guide


And here is another idea


I'll make sure to post what's happening with this dress soon!

No comments: