Thursday, March 21, 2013

Quilt blocks#1

Today I did my first blocks!  I have been wanting to do this farmers wife quilt along for a while, but I want a king size quilt for my bed.


So when the local quilting store started a 1940's Block of the Month sampler quilt, I thought this would be perfect to combine the two and get my country sampler quilt!

This has taken me a while to start, just collecting the fabric, and finishing off a few other craft projects I needed out of the way.  Here is the collection of fabric I have to make this quilt.
I wanted the material to stay old fashion country style.   I also want to blocks to range from 6x6 to 12x12, so I will be changing the templates to many of the farmers wife squares.  I have to say thanks to starwood quilter for showing me how this is possible.

Here is our March BOM: It's called Comfort quilt and is a 12 x 12 block


This is my first farmers wife block, it's block #21: Contrary Wife






No comments: