Friday, March 29, 2013

Farmers Wife Heritage Quilt week #2

My "Heritage" quilt, I have really enjoyed finding blocks for this quilt.  Most of the blocks will be from my Farmers Wife Quilt book, but I will continue to look elsewhere for other blocks that represent some part of my heritage.  My goal is to work on and complete two quilt blocks a week, I am just starting so I know to begin with, they will take longer. I know that I should start with really easy, square block.

Today I was a little crazy and picked two very detailed blocks, what was I thinking!  Both blocks I worked with today had so many triangles!!  The material is just some random cloth in my stash, sorry I can't tell you where it came from.

First, you need to know my history, I was raised in a farm town in a valley in Colorado.  While my father is not a farmer anymore, he has been at different times in his life, and I was raised like a "farmer's daughter" would be.  This is a 6" block.


Block #32: Farmer's Daughter

My second block is called "Wyoming Valley" and well Wyoming isn't any part of my heritage, but Colorado is and I am from a Colorado valley.  These two blocks both shared many similar characteristics and went well together.

As you can see in the picture below, the block is not finished...... I messed up and sewed a few things the wrong direction.  It will be corrected soon and I will get this block finished.   Sorry about the unfinished block!

Block: Wyoming Valley

If you would like to see some really great blocks pieced together go here: http://craftsewcreate.blogspot.com/ this blog has become my inspiration


1 comment:

Ellie Roberts said...

Your blocks are beautiful Wendi! "Star" blocks are my favorite. Thanks for the sweet compliments and linking up!