Friday, March 8, 2013

It's spring!

We have had the longest snowiest winter that really needs to melt! My house is also north facing, so it tends to melt last.
I can't do much about the weather, but I can bring my moods up by adding color to our lives.
 One tip is get help (it takes a lot of little helpers :))


I saw multiple posts on how to create flowers out of coffee filters (thanks ointerest) and so I decided to give it a try.



First I dyed the filters in food coloring and water.

You can see how wet they are


 Next I cooked them in my oven 200 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
When this is all done fold the filters into quarters and cut a middle circle out leaving 1- 1 1-2 inches around the edge.

 On a 12-15 inch piece of tape fold the middle circle first and push on the tape.. Do this to two or three filters at once, spacing them out only 1/4 inch.


Then place the long strips on the tape, crinkling as you go. 



Roll the tape up, starting with the middle pieces (which will be the middle of the flower)


Create lots of flowers and hot glue onto a wreath.


Here is my outcome:

And here this is on my front door.

Here is the Easter wreath we just made for our entrance

No comments: