Wednesday, June 11, 2014

4h


Call me crazy but I have decided to take on another project, 4H sewing.  I have two daughters  10, 12 that each like to sew a little but need to learn better skills. My oldest is doing a more advanced, quilting project.  My younger and the other 6 girls from our community are starting with the basics.  Last week D2 sewed this pillowcase using a lot I picked up at my local cotton shop store.

We sewed it using the instructions from a  YouTube video published by the Missouri Quilt Company 

I haven't been sewing a lot lately because my machine had been having a few issues.  At the local HMQS last month I finally did it!  My friends from the cotton shop were so shocked when I just walked up to their booth and said I wanted to purchase the babylock Aria machine.


I was strong and saved it for my birthday before pulling it out but now, I am learning how it really sews!  It's a beauty and sews like it!  

My project I'm working on right now is a buggy barn folk art flower quilt, made with the Riley Blake Apple of my eye line. Sorry about this picture, I laid out the quilt on my D#3's top bunk to see how it fit and then took a picture, better pictures will come.  It's ready to quilt but I am still practicing on my new machine!


I'm linking this up with freshly pieced! WIP and Let's Bee Social


2 comments:

Barbara Konkle said...

I love the flowers! How fun about a new machine! That is so exciting! I LOVE the pillowcase too! I need to make some new ones for my kiddos!

Lorna McMahon said...

Congratulations on the new machine! Looks like you are putting it to good use. The pillow case is pretty. And I love the quilt top. Thanks so much for sharing!