Sunday, March 13, 2016

Metro Lattice

Last summer I began a summer quilt for my bedroom.  If any of you are like me summertime is not a time with free uninterrupted quilting time.  My summer is filled with running here and there with my 4 darling daughters.  By August the quilt was put in a drawer and forgotten, until Thursday, yes this last Thursday, March 10th.  
While attending a quilt camp, I went to a road show given by Jenny Pedigo.  I really fell in love with two of her quilts, metro lattice and urban nine patch. 

Here she is with her metro lattice quilt:

Here is a urban nine patch I saw at the HMQS last year

I chose the Moda fabric, Color Therapy, that tells you I have had the fabric for at least a year!  And I did put all the HST's together, but then the quilt got put away. Thursday was an open "sew"cial at the cotton shop and so I decided that with 5 hours of sewing I could start this again.  
I did get 90 pinwheels put together!


I made me a list of everything I have to do and am checking it off step by step.
☑️ Make HST (360)
☑️ Make pinwheels (90)
πŸ”˜ trim pinwheels to 10"
πŸ”˜ use QCR to cut pinwheels 
πŸ”˜ Sew edging on pinwheels 
πŸ”˜ trim pinwheels to 9 1/2"
πŸ”˜ create rectangles (322)
πŸ”˜ trim rectangles to 2" x 9 1/2"
πŸ”˜ create rectangle sets (161)
πŸ”˜ Layout quilt
πŸ”˜ Stitch together top 
πŸ”˜iron
πŸ”˜ Baste
πŸ”˜Quilt
πŸ”˜ Bind

It's a lot of steps, here is what one block looks like after adding pieces cut with the QCR (quick cut ruler) and trimming it to 9 1/2". Maybe I will have it ready for next summer!





No comments: