Friday, October 11, 2013

Ashlee's quilt

For the past few months I have slowly  working (along with my 9 year old) on a quilt for my neice Ashlee.  My 9 year old made all the 16 square blocks, while I did the rest.  
I haven't had a lot of time to work on this quilt lately, but I've been slowly trucking along the last two weeks with quilting.  This is my first MQ so I started out very slowly.  My machine had a few problems, as I posted before, but it was taken care of.  Last night I finished the last 2/3 of the quilt quite easily.  But, there's always a BUT there, the first section I did had horrible tension.  I figured the problem out and corrected the tension yet I had to rip the seams on one section.  Thankfully when the tension is off, seams rip easily.

I ripped and requilted that this morning.  If I wasn't at the Opthamologist right now, I would be sewing the binding on now.

Time to finish this off and sew 1/8" seam all around the quilt.

Cutting off the excess batting and fabric:

And the last step here in my basement is sewing on the binding which we preening on a large spool of thread: 

I am using 2 1/4" binding folded in half.

No comments: