Friday, May 10, 2013

HMQS

While surfing through some blogs about a month ago, I found a quilting show coming to the expo center near here.  It was a quilting show for home machine quilting, both long arm and not.  I don't have a long arm and I don't think I'll have one anytime in the near future but I have wanted to learn to machine quilt.

I signed up for a class their on machine quilting on your home machine and it was wonderful.  Kay McCain was the teacher and we each had a fun Bernina machine to quilt on.  

She taught us the basics on everything we needed, fabric, batting and thread choices and where to get the best patterns from.  I didn't do the best, but as she told us all about 10 minutes a day and in a month well be prepared for a project. We'll see;)
I did get to do some fun shopping and purchased just a few little items.  They had some great deals, but I took cash only so I wouldn't spend to much.  It was my only was not to succumb to temptation, and there was lots of temptation today.

There was also a quilt show, my favorite was all the Riley Blake fabric quilts made, here are a few:






This one was tons of fun with a quilt coming out of the quilt, so creative!


Then these are just some quilts that caught my attention:







No comments: