Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dresden

Every month at my local fabric store, The Cotton Shop, I go to the Block party.  We make a BOM (block of the month) and take a project we have been working on to share with the other women.  Last month Hailey accompanied me and this is where we learned about their kids summer sewing camp.   She's excited to go and has been having so much fun sewing away on her 4 patch quilt.  I love the fabric she chose.

Here is a sample of what she'll be making at her summer camp, it's all camping supplies:



So I am leaving in a few days on vacation and so I won't be able to attend this months Block Party.  Sad I know, but I'm so excited for my upcoming vacation to worry about this, plus I decided to attend another class instead.  

Last Saturday they offered a Dresden plate class and I have often been admiring the beautiful quilts made with the Dresden plates.  

Here is two that I think are so pretty!


It's always fun to learn a new technique so I took the class. I decided to start with small circles and here is what I made in the class.

I love the colors and I will be making a table runner with these blocks.  I guess we'll have to see how long it takes to get them made :)

No comments: