Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WIP: Allie's Quilt

This past week I was able to finish my VALENTINE/St. Patrick table runner, as well as begin 2 more of them.


I also finished making my arrows for a powwow quilt I am making for my neice Alli.  I make a quilt for each of my nieces and nephews for their high school graduation and this is her year!

For this quilt I selected AdornIt's fabric and kind of used the Pow Wow quilt pattern by cluck cluck sew.  I did alter the pattern for the purpose of not wasting so much fabric and ease.  Note: I used Quilt in a days flying geese ruler for that purpose.  It works great!


 The quilt will be 9 blocks by 13 blocks and si I needed a total of 117 arrow blocks, which I finished making last night. I also laid them out on the floor to get the pattern look I preferred.  There will be some of that Kona cotton Stone fabric between each row.


And today I only had a few minutes, but I was able to start sewing these crazy rows together.  I say chain stitching is the only was to go!


Thanks for visiting my blog!  I'm linking this up to: Freshly Pieced // Quilt Story // Sew Fresh Quilts // Fort Worth Fabric Studio // WIP Wednesday



No comments: